Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Finally a JRSC LS over 200 whp

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PickleTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2006
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well folks...I just got back from Motorvations and Jim did a bang up job of tuning the ole LS for me. It made 206 WHP @ 6700 and 173.3 WTQ @ 5000. She is just too fun to drive now. I am glad I put the LSD in the GSR tranny I got because the torque is hard hitting. The cool thing is that @ 2500 the torque is at about 150 and does go below 150 until 7100. We did not rev her much more than stock redline. The rev limiter kicks in at 7200. What a great night! Thanks Jim!!!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 00TypeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    congrats! i knew it would happen eventually. lsd is a must. in my bros ls w/ 197whp the torque steer was insane.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member promotion's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2003
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    how much boost are you running? Any other mofifications to the engine besides the supercharger?

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member CROM's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats! Many have tried to get that high and it's been a long time in the making!

    *It really makes me sad to see how desolate this board is. I remember dozens if not hundreds of posts a day at one point. Jim is still around, thank goodness for that. I wish I still had my Teg, oh well, she was great while I had her.*

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am glad you are pleased with the results.
    Thank you for choosing me to help make your Automotive dreams come true !!!

    How does it feel to own and drive the most powerful JRSC LS car on the planet ???

  6. #6
    Inactive Member turbodav's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats! highest whp jrsc ls

    I need to get my junk back down there to get a high boost tune. hope to see you soon jim

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PickleTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2006
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For those who care: I have Mahle pistons that give me about 10.2:1 compression, stock cams and those are the mods that really matter besides the LHT intercooler and the M45 putting out around 10 PSI. It is nice being a record setter!

    For Jim: I feel like the engine loses power from 5500-6000 or so. I wonder if that could be belt slip? I think that is where it was slipping on the dyno.....

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ September 23, 2006 01:56 AM: Message edited by: PickleTeg ]</font></font>

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 23, 2006 01:57 AM: Message edited by: PickleTeg ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member blownLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    190
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations! It is nice to know there are still a few of us out there improving on the LS.

    Now put her on a dragstrip and see what she can do.

    My next project is converting to a M62 blower (currently sitting in the garage) with the addition of 20 shot of nitrous for the cooling effect. I want 11-12psi up to 8000rpm without the addition of all the heat generated by the M45 spinning that high. It will probably take me a better part of a year to complete it. In the meantime I am running Natually aspirated as I have seized both JR tensioner pulleys.

    Good Luck!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member PickleTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2006
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well...i did have a slipping belt Jim. The one I got from you cured that.
    Yeah, I need to get her to the track. I leave for Iraq in early December, so we will see what happens. I am hoping for mid-13s but will be happy to break 14. I have a GSR trans and an ITR LSD, so I hope that helps too.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member blownLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    190
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh yeah, with a good launch and some R compound rubber tires you are sure to well into upper 13s with all that power you are making. The cooler temperatures of fall is sure to help generate more power.

    Good luck and keep us posted! I just got back 3 weeks ago from a 5 month tour in the middle east. Good luck and stay safe. I am sorry you have to spend Christmas away from your integra. You should qualify for Integra Seperation Pay!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •